Bringing the Future into the Present
- Real estate developers
- Partner companies
- Lawyers and trustees
- Architect offices
Madeira was elected « World’s Leading Island Destination » in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 by the World Travel Awards.
In 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Madeira won the « Europe’s Leading Island Destination » prize, having competed in this category alongside major tourist destinations such as the Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, Sardinia, Malta, Cyprus, among others.
MADEIRA – THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY!
The Project Idea
Experimental housing and ecotourism platform
1. Sustainable for the future generation
2. Meeting place for research and development
3. Exchange for environmentally conscious high-tech companies
4. Great participatory project
5. Who experiments with green high-tech robotics and artificial intelligence
6. A project that carries social and environmental value dedicated to all generations from our children to our parents
Different stakeholders give the project an important value added
1. Founding Members: treat the project, live here and manage it
2. Private Investors: participate financially and will also live in the Eco Optimist Village
3. Local companies: construct and build the houses until their completion
4. High-tech companies: use the site for research and development; for technological interaction and as an extraordinary communication tool
5. Institutional and governmental resources: create new jobs, accessible housing for domestic people and a new research center.
Conclusion: A very suitable project to increase the attractiveness of the island for high-tech companies, for eco-tourism, for the local population and especially for young people.
The Value Added
Eco Optimist Village of Madeira
Who is involved?
- www.EcoOptimist.com is a Portuguese Swiss start-up based on the island of Madeira which specializes in the distribution and development of eco-responsible products for housing and living. Eco Optimist Lda carries and coordinates the environmental and social project Eco Optimist Village.
- H2A HUGO AIRES ARCHITECTURA : Hugo Aires is an architect on the island of Madeira. He is one of the first partners to join the Eco Optimist Village Madeira team, putting his long experience and knowledge of the island’s eco-responsible needs and objectives at the service of our team.
- Biotekt Ecospheres : BIOTEKT is a unique combination of old and new technologies and sustainable construction methods: earth berm construction, green roofs and walls, passive solar design and prefabricated composite shells.
- WASP 3D : Wasp 3D Pioneer in the construction of sustainable housing modules using 3D printing based on 100% natural raw materials directly from the site soil. Earth, water, plant fibers.
- BACHMANN CONSULENZA : Peter Bachmann, professor of economics, is the economics advisor to our team as well as to many other companies in Switzerland and Europe. Peter and his wife Daniela share their lives between Switzerland and the island of Madeira.
- LAURENT CORNALINO WEBDESIGN & 3D CREATION : Laurent lives and works in Switzerland, he is in charge of our websites, 3D creations and animations as well as all the graphic and advertising creations of our team.
How is it to live in an Eco Optimist Village?
- Comfortable and pleasant
- Ecologically conscious and economically interesting
- Vibrant and multi-generational
- Innovative and future-oriented
In short: It’s fun!
How does it look like?
"The measure of intelligence is the ability to change" - Albert Einstein
- Feasibility study 200,000 €
- Funchal In development, estim.: 24’000’000 €
- Housing Units in planning
- Costs per Unit in planning
- Estimated local income (constr./others) in planning
What are the conditions and the prices to become a project partner?
To be founding partners grants a right;
- To inspect and participate in the development of the project
- To be part of the company
- To participate in the construction site
- Of residence at very favorable conditions
The price of the partnership;
- Founding residents: rent paid in advance for 5 to 10 years
- Participate financially or in benefits
- Active companies on the site: from 100’000€ per year
Interested to become a partner?
Your next step to become a partner?
There are different possibilities to support the Eco Optimist Village:
1.Share the values of Eco Optimist Village Madeira
2. Participate in the financing or realization of Eco Optimist Village Madeira
3. Participate in the communication of Eco Optimist Village Madeira
4. Use the Eco Optimist Village Madeira platforms for research or experimentation
5. Be a
- sponsor watcher (ethical observer) of the Eco Optimist Village platforms
- sponsor (logistical and/or economic contribution)
- donor (private foundations)
Thanks in advance!
Eco Optimist Village is very innovative, but we are not alone
- Other approaches exists already in in Scandinavia and elsewhere in the world
- Are being studied in Portugal or even more closely in Porto Santo.
The project “Eco Optimist Village” is great
- It will have an interesting economic return
- It will considering the image return and attractiveness of the island,
- It will attract and seduce businesses and keep one’s youth
Eco Optimist Village is a participatory project, that will come to life, when…
- the converging common interests are sufficiently important and
- the snowball effect works – The more it rolls, the more it grows.